I offer top-notch proofreading and full editing services.
Whether you want a quick proofread or an in-depth edit and critique, I am happy to help you make your book the best it can possibly be. It has been my good fortune to work with several extremely talented and well-respected authors, including New York Times and USA Today bestsellers, and I look forward to adding your name to that list!
Editing includes attention to:
- Word usage, including suggestions for alternate or more precise phrasings
- Improvement of syntax where needed
- Run-on or incomplete sentences
- Tightening of dialogue or narrative passages
- Smooth transitions and logical shifts of POV or narrative
- Repetitive or imprecise use of words
- Redundancies and omissions
- Clarity of narrative/descriptive passages and dialogue
- Stilted dialogue, anachronistic language use, "purple prose"
- Pacing and flow of action
- Maintenance of author's voice
- Tone, mood, and character development
- Internal inconsistencies (character is tall on p12 but short on p237, etc)
- Research for factual and cultural details
- Spelling, punctuation, homophones/commonly misused words, and stylistic consistency
I review every word of your book, analyzing all elements of your writing for both substance and style.
Interested in dictating your book?
I also offer transcription services for any size project. I have an extensive background in medical transcription, with experience in several specialties. Transcription services include full editing and proofreading.